Monday, March 2, 2009

Perception and Reality

Lately I've been bothered alot by people who are convinced their way of life, or their perception on a way of life, is alot better than mine, and anyone elses for that matter. Logically most are either fundamentalist (insert religion here), non smokers, pro-lifers, or just stupid.

I think this is quite odd, because reality is not a static quality. It is a matter of individual perception. So when you say to yourself "smokers are stupid, it's so damaging to them and yet they do it", that's ok. But quit telling us. We already fucking know.

And when you pray to God or some sort of elevated deity for world peace, food or whatever, that's ok too, that's your thing. But I prefer to work for my food, and put an active effort into a collateral state of well being, should I desire it. And results show, my way works, yours doesn't.

Percieved reality is still reality, but your reality is not my reality. And your views are not my views. You are welcome to share your views, but when people say "smoke contains tar you know. That's really bad for you" I usually tell them back "smoke contains 4000 other toxins, I doubt tar is that big of a fucking contributor".

Can you see my point here? Whatever you are trying to convince the world about, we usually already know, and blatantly ignore it, because we have our own beliefs. And no matter what you do, you can't suppress one persons own belief over your own, unless this person is incredibly naive and gullible. Or you're using a naked chick as a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment